Who We Are
Shepherd of the Hills is a small, growing ELCA Lutheran congregation. We are students just starting out and retired people; single people and married people; young families and empty nesters; gay people and straight people. We are all these kinds of people and everything in between.
We have a wide variety of life experiences, racial backgrounds, income levels, and political opinions. We live in Berkeley, Kensington, Oakland, Richmond, El Cerrito, San Francisco and beyond.
We are committed Christians, seekers, and people who aren’t sure if they belong in a church.
We come together because of grace. Whether or not we’re ready for it, whether or not we have all the details worked out, whether or not we think we are good enough, Jesus Christ enters our lives, changes us, and through us, changes our world...
We are committed to:
- living together as a Christian family
- taking nothing for granted as we ask hard questions,
- growing spiritually through Christian practices
- giving our children the gift of faith
- and making a difference in our communities and our world.
Are you ready to grow in grace? Accept our invitation: Come and See.